We're now 4 months into building Supabase, which means another major update. Here's a few things we think you'll love in this release.
4 minute demo
Watch a full demo:
View relational data
We're sometimes asked how we will make Postgres as simple as Firebase, since Postgres is a relational database. This month we're making our first steps to prove that relational databases can be even easier to use than document stores. We're releasing an excel-like editing interface which can drill down into your relational data.
Manage JSON data
Postgres is an amazing database, giving the flexibility of a document store with the power of a RDBMS. If you use
JSON data in Postgres, then we want to make that easy too. Supabase detects when your column is
JSONB, and provides an easy way to edit and view your data. More improvements coming soon for this feature!
Choose your region
If you noticed a bit of latency on Supabase, it's because your projects were previously set up in Singapore. It was always our intention that you'd be able to choose your database region, and this month we've delivered it. In the next releases we'll even allow you to go multi-region, instantly replicating your database close to your customers.
A guiding principle at Supabase is zero lock-in. So this month we are exposing your daily database backups on the dashboard, giving you a simple way to migrate off Supabase. We have a lot more to build in this space (
WAL-G!), so watch this space.
We have a number of small improvements:
- Improved SQL editor - with better syntax highlighting
- Improved API docs - with more code snippets
- UX improvements - with a simplified and consistent UX
- This month we welcome Steve Chavez to the team. Steve is a maintainer of PostgREST, one of the core tools which makes Supabase possible.
- We're hiring a part-time designer or UX expert. See more here.
- Start using Supabase today: app.supabase.com
- Make sure to star us on GitHub
- Follow us on Twitter
- Become a sponsor