Launch week, Storage, Supabase CLI, Connection Pooling, Supabase UI, and Pricing. Here's what we released last month.
Watch a full demo:
React UI Component Library
Now you can run Supabase locally in the terminal with
supabase start. We have done some preliminary work on diff-based schema migrations, and added some new tooling for self-hosting Supabase with Docker. Blog post here.
Our most frequently asked question by far is "ok supabase is sweet, but how much is it going to cost?". TL;DR there's Free Tier up to 500mb + 10k auth users, a Pro Tier at $25/month for 8GB + 100k auth users, and anything additional is charged on a usage basis.
Well... not really, but it made for a great April Fools joke.
Supabase Dot Com
We are now dot com! We'll be porting across over the next few weeks. Read the origin story behind the name here.
Thanks to a comunity contribution (@_mateomorris and @Beamanator), Supabase Auth now includes OAuth scopes. These allow you to request elevated access during login. For example, you may want to request access to a list of Repositories when users log in with GitHub. Check out the Documentation.
- You can now manage your PostgREST configuration inside the Dashboard.
- Our website has been redesigned. Check out our new Homepage and Blog, and our new Database, Auth, and Storage product pages.
- We refactored some of our Filter methods to make them even easier to use. Check out the Full Text Search refactor.
- We have added several new sections to our Docs including: Local Dev, Self Hosting, and Postgres Reference docs (all still under development).
- How to use Supabase inside Replit [Video]
- Connecting Draftbit to Supabase by @amanhimself
- Creating Users in Next-js by @indigitalcolor
- A Backend for IndieHackers by @dbredvick
- The Firebase Alternative by Simon Grimm [Video]
- Ionic Integration by Simon Grimm [Video]
- Flutter Integration by Aditya Thakur by [Video]
- Svelte Integration by Khaerunnisa Isnaeni [Video]
- An example app for adding User Profiles to your Next.js app
Lets say for each new sign up, you want to trigger a slack alert, send them an email after 24 hours.
For this we are working on our own Workflow engine, it will eventually have a Zapier-like interface inside the dashboard. For now it's a state-machine interpreter (fully compatible with Amazon States Language) written in Elixir, open source, and ready for community contributions.