Happy New Year! Hope you are off to a great start. We closed 2022 on a high note with Launch Week 6 and a cascade of announcements. Here is everything we shipped so you can try them all 💻
Day 1: New Docs
Documentation is super important to us, it's part of the product, and the Supabase docs needed a refresh. That's why we worked on a new redesign, better navigation, better reference docs, and we rebuilt the site using Next.js.
Day 2: Storage v2 - Image resizing and Smart CDN
We introduced three new features for Supabase Storage: Image resizing, webhooks, and a Smart CDN. These features are designed to work together to deliver a next-gen image resizing system.
Day 3 - Multi-factor Authentication via Row Level Security Enforcement
We released Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) for everyone, including the option to enforce it via RLS 🔐. Plus, in preparation for releasing SAML, we're "dogfooding" the feature with the introduction of Single Sign On (SSO) on our dashboard.
Day 4 - Supabase Wrappers, a Postgres FDW framework
Foreign Data Wrappers are a core feature of PostgreSQL. With Supabase Wrappers, we've extended this feature to query other databases or any other external system (including third-party APIs), using SQL.
Day 5 - The Vault is now in Beta
The Vault is a new Postgres extension that makes it safe and easy to store encrypted secrets and encrypt other stored data in your database.
It's starting to feel like Supabase is really just a "community of communities" 🤗. Far too much has happened in the last 3 months for us to possibly feature it all here, so here's a collection of the highlights!
We are all in on Postgres. That is why contributing to the ecosystem is always a priority. Launch Week 6 was no exception, with several announcements:
- pg_graphql v1.0
- PostgREST 11 pre-release
- What's new in Postgres 15?
- pg_crdt - an experimental CRDT extension for Postgres
Custom Domains and Point-in-Time Recovery
Two key features to level up your projects are now available: Custom domains allow you to use your own domain for your Supabase project, while PITR provides the ability for a database to be restored at any specified point in time.
It was great to see so many high-quality projects. The decision wasn't easy, but in the end, the panel of judges chose Depulso as the winner of the Best Overall Project.
Extended Community Highlights
- FlutterFlow and Supabase integration. Video
- ClickHouse and PostgreSQL - a match made in data heaven. Article
- Build any Front-end like Admin Panel or CRM for your Supabase. Article
- Everything Svelte: a course with all you need to know to build a modern web application. Course
- Edgy Edge Functions: a look at a new Edge Function per week. Youtube Playlist
- Pixels, an app that provides canvas to create pixel art. App | Github Repo
- Supabase Angular authentication with RxJS Observables. Tutorial
- Create Calendar Events in React With Google Calendar API and Supabase. Video Tutorial
- Going Serverless with Supabase. Part 1
- Supabase a Complete Backend Solution. Video
- Supabase OAuth with SvelteKit (Discord, Google, GitHub). Video
As always, one of our favorite memes from last month. Follow us on Twitter for more.
See you next month!