Open Source Authentication for Next.js.
This adapter is developed by the community and not officially maintained or supported by Supabase. It uses the Supabase Database to store user and session data in a separate
next_auth schema. It is a standalone Auth server that does not interface with Supabase Auth and therefore provides a different feature set.
If you’re looking for an officially maintained Auth server with additional features like built-in email server, phone auth, and Multi Factor Authentication (MFA / 2FA), please use Supabase Auth with the Auth Helpers for Next.js.
- Built in support for popular services (Google, Facebook, Auth0, Apple…).
- Built in email / passwordless / magic link. Use with any username / password store.
- Use with OAuth 1.0 & 2.0 services
- Built for Serverless, runs anywhere.
- Works with your Supabase Database.
- User and session data is stored in a separate
next_authschema within your own database.
- Secure web pages and API routes.
- Signed, prefixed, server-only cookies
- HTTP POST + CSRF Token validation
- JWT with JWS / JWE / JWK
- Tab syncing, auto-revalidation, keepalives